CAVE CREEK – Arizona Bike Week is right around the corner.
Official Arizona Bike Week events take place from April 1 to 5 at WestWorld in Scottsdale. However, motorcyclists typically begin arriving in Cave Creek at the end of March, with events happening in town from March 27 to April 5, according to a Town of Cave Creek press release.
Arizona Bike Week is one of the biggest motorcycle events in the Southwest. The Hideaway and Roadhouse venues in Cave Creek are perhaps two of the most desirable locations during the event. This has made the town a prevalent Bike Week destination, attracting tourists from all over the world.
While Arizona Bike Week events hosted by local business owners bring an influx of visitors, activities, commotion and traffic, the Town of Cave Creek is committed to being proactive by cooperating with its merchants to maintain the safety and security of all of its residents, businesses and visitors alike, the press release said.
The Roadhouse, Hideaway and other venues have been required to receive special permits from the town. They have paid for and provided a traffic-control plan that includes law enforcement officers on site to help direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
A traffic-control plan will be in effect during Arizona Bike Week. It includes intermittent lane closures on Cave Creek Road in the town core during peak traffic times.
The following traffic controls will be in place:
• The right lanes will be closed on Cave Creek Road on the north and south sides from Schoolhouse Road to west of Scopa Trail. These closures will be in effect Friday to Sunday from March 27 to 29 and Thursday to Sunday from April 2 to 5.
• Jack Cartwright Trail will be closed with signs warning of the road closure on Bella Vista Drive.
• Business-access signs will be placed at every business entrance along Cave Creek Road in the town core during the lane closures.
• A variable message board (VMB), which is a large electronic sign that can display messages, will be placed at Cave Creek Road and Rancho Manana Boulevard and west of Scopa Trail on Cave Creek Road. The VMB will display messages during peak traffic times, which are Thursday through Sunday for both weekends of Arizona Bike Week.
• Special event signs will be placed on all side streets in the town core.
For more information, please see the traffic-control plan maps at www.cavecreek.org. From the home page, go to Help Center and then Activities.
For questions regarding the plan, please contact Barbara Allen at (480) 488-6612.