Allow extra time and use detours during restrictions on I-17, Pinnacle Peak Road
PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) advises drivers who use Interstate 17 in north Phoenix to allow extra travel time and use alternate routes during several upcoming overnight restrictions and weekend closures of I-17 and Pinnacle Peak Road.
Crews are continuing to build the new bridges that will carry traffic over I-17 in conjunction with the interchange improvement project at Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads.
Weeknight restrictions include:
- Southbound I-17 will be narrowed to one lane at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 12, to 5 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13, and from 10 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 15, to 5 a.m. Friday, Aug. 16.
- Northbound I-17 will be narrowed to one lane at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13, to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, and from 10 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 15.
- North- and southbound I-17 will be closed at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, to 9 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17.
- Pinnacle Peak Road will be closed in both directions at I-17 for bridge work at the same time, along with the southbound I-17 on-ramp at Happy Valley Road and the northbound I-17 on-ramp at Pinnacle Peak Road.
- For southbound I-17:Use the Pinnacle Peak Road off- and on-ramps to re-access the interstate or consider exiting at eastbound Happy Valley Road and using southbound 19th Avenue to westbound Deer Valley Road to southbound I-17.
- For northbound I-17:Use the Pinnacle Peak Road off- and on-ramps to re-access the interstate or consider exiting at eastbound Deer Valley Road and using northbound 19th Avenue to westbound Happy Valley Road to northbound I-17.
- For westbound Pinnacle Peak Road:Use northbound 23rd Avenue to westbound Happy Valley Road to 43rd Avenue.
- For eastbound Pinnacle Peak Road: Use southbound 35th Avenue to eastbound Deer Valley Road to 19th Avenue.
- Southbound I-17 is scheduled to be closed between Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads from 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23, to 7 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 24.
- Northbound I-17 is scheduled to be closed between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads from 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, to 9 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 25.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. For more information, please call the ADOT Bilingual Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or go to azdot.gov/contact and select Projects from the drop-down menu. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT’s Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.