During the day-long event, the Arizona Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Foundation (AMSAF), State of Arizona and numerous healthcare, legal, motorcycle businesses, insurance, industry sponsors and leaders, will showcase how they are working together to focus on motorcycle safety.
“Riding for the Long Haul,” is an effort to help change the alarming statistics that 75 percent of riders on Arizona roads have no formal training. Also, by promoting the Share the Road campaign, which is focused on reducing crashes and fatalities to as the result of distracted drivers.
There are more than 206,000 registered motorcycles in Arizona and the numbers continue to grow. Arizona averages more than 3,000 motorcycle crashes every year and the number of crashes and fatalities continue to skyrocket, according to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety.
AMSAF’s vision is to foster a safe and friendly motorcycle-riding environment for all Arizona motorcyclists.During the day-long event, people will have the opportunity to engage in interactive education and enjoy fun activities.
- “Safety is Sexy” fashion show featuring the latest in safety gear
- Pro Rider and the Chandler Police Department motorcycle drill teams
- A motorcycle ride-through food tent
- Motorcycle safety demonstrations
- Raffles, bucket raffles, 50/50
- Food and drink
- Interactive activities
- Safety demonstrations
- The Visitors will be on stage performing their unique blend of rock and blues infused music
- Motorcycle, clothing and jewelry vendors, among others
- Booths featuring state, healthcare, community, insurance, legal, police and fire, legal, fire department, as well as motorcycle vendors clothing, jewelry
- Grand prize valued at $2500
For more information visit amsaf.org. The Shriner Auditorium is located at, 522 N. 40th Street in Phoenix.