Anthem’s annual Autumnfest celebrates community’s 20th anniversary year
By TARA ALATORRE
ANTHEM – The community of Anthem will celebrate its 20th anniversary year with the return of its annual Autumnfest, happening all weekend long at the Anthem Community Park, 41730 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway.
The 20th annual Autumnfest is for all ages and is open to the public, with free parking and admission. The festival is open on Saturday, October 19, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sunday, October 20, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Food, crafts, art jewelry and other vendors from across the Valley will be selling a variety of items at the signature feature of Autumnfest, the arts-and-crafts fair.
“This is the perfect opportunity with the holidays coming up to purchase gifts, décor, tasty treats and other fall-inspired delicacies while enjoying Anthem’s beautiful Community Park and all that it has to offer,” said Michele DeMichele, director of special events for the Anthem Community Council (ACC).
Decorated pumpkins will also be on display at the festival for the Autumnfest’s Decorated Pumpkin Contest, which will be displayed on the walkway to the Main Pavillion. Attendees will be able to vote for their favorite pumpkins in three categories.
The grand prize winner for each category will receive a gift basket and a $50 Visa giftcard. Ribbons will also be awarded (submissions for the contest are closed).
“We had an amazing turnout of pumpkins last fall, showcasing so much creativity in our community,” ACC’s Director of Public Affairs, Kristi Northcutt said. “We encourage last year’s participants to return, and we hope that lots of new folks will join the fun in celebration of our community’s 20th anniversary!”
Other Autumnfest activities:
- Carnival rides and games: Frazier Shows Carnival offers a host of rides and attractions from a Ferris wheel to “thrill-seeker” rides like the Vertigo. The carnival will open Thursday evening and run through the weekend at various times. Rides and games vary in price. All-you-can-ride wristbands will be available during select times. Hours will be posted online.
- Kids’ Zone and family activities: Children will enjoy bounce houses/inflatables (fees apply) and tractor-pulled hayrides (free) through the Community Park.
- Pumpkin Patch: Families can pick the perfect pumpkin to decorate; $5 per pumpkin while supplies last.
- Train rides: The Daisy Mountain Railroad will offer rides that circle Community Park (fees apply).
- Food court/Rotary beer garden: Food, beer and wine will be available for purchase. No outside food or drinks are allowed in the fenced food court area. ATM on site (prices vary).
- Live entertainment: Bands will perform at the Main Pavilion 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday, and 11 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. on Sunday. A magician and balloon artist will be strolling the festival everyday from 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (free).
- Firewise Days: In partnership with Daisy Mountain Fire Department: Stop by to visit with Smokey Bear (Saturday only) and see a fire truck up close (free).
- Enter-to-win raffle: Attendees completing purchases from three arts and crafts vendors are eligible to enter to win a $200 Visa Gift Card and a 20th anniversary commemorative swag basket (must be 18 or over).
Visit: www.OnlineAtAnthem.com/Autumnfest for more information and a full list of events.