CAVE CREEK – Foothills Food Bank & Resource Center has been a pinnacle of excellence in the northern desert foothills for more than 30 years. Yet, its executive director, Pam DiPietro, says the need for food and financial assistance has never been greater. The food bank, like numerous others around the Valley of the Sun, currently doesn’t even have frozen turkeys for the holidays.
“Our food bank has had tremendous success, yet the need to help families, seniors and individuals continues to increase rapidly,” DiPietro said. “We need the assistance and support of area churches, civic groups, small businesses, individuals and corporations to meet these changing needs as many of our neighbors work to transition to better, more stable situations.”
DiPietro cites the following statistics:
- 15,960 people need food this year
- 91,397 pounds of food are distributed by Foothills Food Bank every month
- 319 snack packs (lunches and weekend meals) are given to children every month
- $63,720 is disseminated in the form of financial assistance for utility bills, gasoline clothing, pharmacy needs, etc., this year alone
- 1,731 volunteers are engaged to keep the food bank’s engine moving forward
“We ask our neighbors and businesses to consider assisting our 501c (3) organization at this critical time of year and need,” adds DiPietro. “We need food, water, frozen turkeys and key staples, however, cash donations actually allow us to exercise greater purchasing power on behalf of the food bank.”
For more information about Foothills Food Bank visit foothillsfoodbank.com, email email@example.com or call 480-488-1145. Foothills Food Bank & Resource Center is located at 6038 E. Hidden Valley Drive in Cave Creek.