Stage 1 fire restrictions now in effect in multiple Arizona counties
NORTH VALLEY – Until further notice, Stage 1 fire restrictions are in effect for Apache, Coconino, Gila, Maricopa, Navajo, and Yavapai Counties.
This fire restrictions order applies to the following State-owned and State-managed lands within these counties, including:
• All State Trust lands outside incorporated municipalities
• All Game and Fish Commission Wildlife Areas and Department properties outside incorporated municipalities
• All State Parks outside incorporated municipalities (State Parks will remain open with campfires allowed in developed campgrounds)
• All Department of Transportation highway right-of-way property outside incorporated municipalities not owned by Federal land management agencies.
The restrictions are as follows:
• Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove other than in a developed campsite or picnic area is prohibited. Exemptions include persons using a device solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within 3 feet of the device.
• Smoking is prohibited unless it is within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site/improved site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
• The discharging or using of any kind of fireworks and incendiary devices is prohibited.
• Welding or operating acetylene or other torch device with an open flame is prohibited.
Additional exemptions to the above-listed restrictions include:
• Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
• All land within a city boundary is exempted unless otherwise stated in city ordinance.
All exemptions to these restrictions must be approved by the State Forester.
If local authorities have imposed stronger restrictions than those listed above, then the local restrictions shall apply.
These restrictions apply to all permit and lease holders, and other authorized users of State-managed lands. These restrictions do not apply to private lands (A.R.S. § 37-623).
These restrictions have been in effect since June 15 and will continue until rescinded. For more information, see http://firerestrictions.us/az.